Thursday, November 11, 2010

Excerpt #2


They walked for hours it seemed, when they finally arrived, there were at least 10 cats in the camp, all watching with questioning eyes, “Why are they looking at me like that?” Rocky asked.  “You’re a kittypet; we don’t see many of those around here,” The golden tom answered, “What’s a kittypet?” Rocky asked again, “Kittypets are cats who are owned by Two-Legs,” Firestar answered this time, “You and I, Rocky, are both Kittypets,” He added turning around, “But I left that a long time ago, I protect my clan, and they serve me,” Firestar turned towards the white she-cat, “Frostpaw, Take him to Leafpelt, he needs healing and soon,” Firestar walked off towards a large rock and laid down to rest.  Frostpaw led Rocky towards a hollow tree trunk, “Leafpelt!” Frostpaw called.  Out walked a small cat, her color was tortoiseshell with blue eyes, “Yes Frostpaw?” She asked, then staring at Rocky, she gasped, “Its--It’s a Kittypet…” Frostpaw rolled her eyes, “Firestar wants you to check his wounds, he helped fight Shadowclan off,” She replied, “Yes Frostpaw, I will,” Leafpelt motioned for Rocky to follow with her tail, he followed her into the tree, “Sit there,” She said pointing her nose towards a pile of leaves.  He obeyed; she began to scan him for serious wounds, “Nothing that won’t heal in a day or so,” She replied smiling, “Thank you,” Rocky nodded respectively.  “It is what I do, you’re most welcome,” She nodded and he left.  Walking towards Firestar, several cats crossed his path, they stared, and he stared back, as if daring them to attack him.  A few little kits followed behind him, sniffing, and pouncing on his tail. He turned around and looked at them, “At least you don’t stare too much,” He said to them; they laughed and ran off to their mothers.  Firestar and the golden tom were talking; Rocky could only understand bits and pieces of their conversation, “apprentice?”  “It’s not possible,” “A Kittypet?” “I was a kittypet,” “I won’t stand for it,” Rocky finally walked over, “Are you talking about me?” He asked, the golden tom stood up, nodded to Firestar, and walked away, “Sit down Rocky, we must talk,” Firestar said sitting up, “We here in Thunderclan have lost several of our warriors, and apprentices,” He said, bobbing his head and looking at Rocky, “Thus we have been searching for more, seeing they way you fought today, I ask you, would you like to join Thunderclan?” He meowed, “Join Thunderclan?  You would allow a Kittypet to join your clan?” Rocky asked, “I was a Kittypet too,” Firestar hissed, “Anyone can be a clan member,” He added.  “I would like to join Thunderclan,” Rocky said. “Okay, follow me,” He said jumping onto the high rock.  “Let all those old enough to catch their own prey, gather for a clan meeting,” Firestar meowed, everyone looked up, and walked over to the rock and sat down, “We here in Thunderclan have lost several warriors and apprentices, I come to you today, introducing our newest apprentice, I charge you, look upon this new member, And I ask you, is he worthy?” Firestar asked, a few cats meowed, while others yowled their disagreement. “Now then, Rocky, do you swear to put your clan first? Protecting, feeding, and honoring?” Firestar looked at Rocky, “I swear it,” Rocky replied, “Now then Rocky, I bestow upon you the name, Diamondpaw,” Firestar finished touching his head to Diamondpaw’s, leaping down from the rock with Firestar, Diamondpaw was congratulated with licks and approving nods.  “Follow me Diamondpaw, I will introduce you around,” Walking towards a small thicket, Firestar motioned inside, “This is the queens den and nursery, Flowerfur, and Blazepaw are the only queens with or expecting kits,” Diamondpaw nodded towards them respectfully, Firestar walked towards another thicket, “This is the elders den, thankfully, we have no  elders,” He meowed chuckling.  Walking towards a cave in a rock wall Firestar motioned inside, “This is the warriors den, Sandstorm, Roseheart, and Goldenbrook our warriors,” Sandstorm and Roseheart nodded towards Diamondpaw, he nodded back, Goldenbrook grunted.  Walking towards a log, Frostpaw and two other apprentices came out, “This is the apprentices den, Frostpaw will you introduce Diamondpaw to the other apprentices and show him around the rest of camp? I need to check in on something,” Firestar asked, “Sure Firestar!” Frostpaw answered.   “Hello Diamondpaw, this is Teddypaw,” Frostpaw motioned towards the tortoiseshell apprentice, “Hi Diamondpaw, are you glad to be an apprentice?” She asked, Diamondpaw nodded, “And this is her sister Skypaw,” Continued Frostpaw, “Hi, how are you?” said a bashful yellow/cream colored she-apprentice. “Hello Skypaw, I am good, thank you,” He nodded. “follow me, I will show you some important places around camp,” Frostpaw said walking towards the center of the camp.  “This is the fresh-kill pile, this is where we store our food, apprentices hunt and bring the food back here, and cannot eat until the warriors. queens, and elders have eaten,”  Diamondpaw nodded and Frostpaw continued, “This here is the camp entrance, this is also where Firestar or the Deputy Sandstorm send out patrols, and or hunting parties,” Diamondpaw looked outside, “That is all that you need to learn for now, I will see you later, My mentor Roseheart is calling me!” She said running off, “See you later!” Diamondpaw called after her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin