Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TEoV Excerpt #3

Daelinia, Cirindiel and Malladryl stayed with the midwives for several years, the two children learned to walk, talk and read, and in turn Cirindiel never knew he was man, and not elf.  They got in to all sorts of trouble together, from mixing up the midwives medicine, to putting bugs into their beds.  Oh how mischievous they were! Finally the midwives said that the two were healthy and strong enough to make the journey to Vaslantis, “We will go, I will train Cirindiel in the ways of my ancestors, he will learn how to fight, and when he is old enough, he will go out on his own, this I promise you,” Said Daelinia, “Then go, and may He bless you!” The midwives replied.  Daelinia went to her room and called Cirindiel and Malladryl to her, “We are leaving, pack your things, we will be gone by noon,” She said, “But momma, why are we leaving?” Asked Cirindiel, “We must go back to Vaslantis, it is where I belong,” She replied, “Okay momma,” He replied tramping off to pack his things, “Momma,” Said Malladryl tugging on her shirt, “Yes dear?” She replied, “What is mister Elrond going to say?” She asked, “Say? Say what?” Daelinia asked confused, “About Cirindiel, being a man,” Replied little Malladryl, Daelinia sighed, “I don’t know dear one, we will just have to see,” She replied, Malladryl left and packed her things.  Daelinia turned back to her things when Cirindiel came back in, “Momma, can I take my staff with me?” He asked, “Your staff? But it’s just a stick,” She replied, “But it’s my lore-masters staff!” He argued, “Lore-masters staff, where did you learn about that?” She asked, “I read it in a book, I wanna be a lore-master when I grow up big and tall!” He exclaimed bounding out of the room, Daelinia sighed a second time, “Kids,” She smiled.


The horses steadily trotted on, Daelinia on her spotted palfrey, Malladryl on her grey mare, and Cirindiel on his black stallion.  It took several hours to reach their new home.  As they entered, elves came to celebrate Daelinia’s return, and to look upon her child Malladryl, when they saw Cirindiel they stopped, and cast questioning eyes on Daelinia, some murmured and whispered what they thought, Elrond strode over, “What is this?” He asked nodding towards Cirindiel, “This is my son,” Replied Daelinia, gasps from the crowd, “Is there something wrong with me?” Cirindiel asked, “Explain to me, how he is your son,” Elrond motioned for them to follow, obediently they followed him, he lead them into his home and sat down, pointed for them to sit, and continued, “There better be a good reason for this,” He exclaimed, Daelinia sighed, “Cirindiel is not my son, I am only fostering him until he is old enough to go out on his own, his mother died in childbirth,” She said turning to Cirindiel, “I was going to tell you when I thought you were old enough to understand,” She said, Cirindiel sat there, “My mother is dead?” He asked, Daelinia nodded, “Cirindiel, I am so sorry, I’ve tried to be the best mother I am able to be, “She said,“ You have been the best mother, ”Cirindiel replied,“ What do you want me to do?” Asked Elrond, “He is a man, and we are elf,” He said, “Let him stay, he said himself he wants to learn to become a lore-master! Let me train him; he will be one of us!” Daelinia exclaimed, “No, he will never be one of us, I will let you train him, teach him to fight, but, when he gets to be 20 years old, he will leave,” Elrond said, Daelinia sighed, “What you have said will be done,” She said leading her son and daughter out. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin