Friday, April 8, 2011

TEoV Excerpt #5

They walked for hours with no meeting of any human or elf.  They stumbled onto a sign, it read: “This way to Bree,” They followed the directions, “Maybe we can find shelter,” Cirindiel pointed out.   As they headed in the direction of Bree, they found a path, the sun started to set, “We’d better hurry,” Malladryl said, Malladryl yawned and sighed almost at once, “Do we need to rest?” Cirindiel asked, “No, no I will be fine, let us not tarry here any longer, for I fe—“ She was cut off by a crashing in the undergrowth behind them, five men stepped out, in ragged clothes and knifes.  “Well, ye look at them here, all alone, and a might pretty one too,” Said the first pointing to Malladryl, “Touch her and you’ll die,” Cirindiel challenged stepping forward, “I may be tired but I will defend her with my life,” He continued, the men started laughing, they pulled their knifes out and shouted words that he didn’t understand, they ran at him, he dodged to the left, pulled out his staff and thwacked one on the head, the man reeled and fell non-moving.  “Anyone else want some?” Cirindiel asked.  The four men looked at each other, and ran off.  Cirindiel nodded and put his staff on its back holster.  “You’re right, let us go,” He replied putting his arm around her and looked warily around.  By this time the sun had gone down, and so had the temperature.  “If we don’t hurry we’ll freeze Cirindiel!” She cried, he nodded and pulled out his staff, “I summon a companion of choice, a horse of the swiftest travel will be mine,” He chanted.  A loud thundering came.  A beautiful blood red stallion came galloping up and over the hills that the sun had just gone down from; he looked like a black shadow.  He stopped and they mounted, “Sleep, and I will protect you and bring us safely to where we are meant to go,” Cirindiel said.  She slept and they galloped towards their destiny.




She woke up to the shining sun outside an open window.  She sat up and rubbed her eyes, looking around, she got out of bed and dressed and opened her door.  She was met by a boy, “Hallo!” Said the boy almost spilling the milk he carried, “I am sorry, did I startle you?” Asked Malladryl, “No, I knew you were here, I just didn’t expect you to be up so soon!” The boy replied, he had light brown hair and blue eyes, and freckles uncountable across the middle of his face, “Where is Cirindiel?” Malladryl inquired, “Who? We know of no such man,” The boy replied.  He led her down a narrow hallway; a window on the wall was bordered by the most beautiful gold curtains she had ever seen.  A beautifully shining sun rose slowly up one of the hills.  “Where am I?” She asked, “You are in King Berethor’s halls,” The boy replied, “King Berethor?” She inquired, “Yes, the elf-lord of Valantria, the wisest, and most generous, king ever,” Replied the boy.   Malladryl wondered how they had arrived in this wonderful place.  The boy opened a door and Malladryl followed him, “What is your name?” She asked.  The boy tilted his head to the side, “Its Athindhel Yellowfang, but most people call me Atti, what is yours?” He asked, “Malladryl Willowpelt rune-keeper of Vaslantis, but most people call me Malladryl,” She winked well humouredly.  “Are you hungry?” asked Atti, Malladryl nodded and Atti led her to the kitchen.

He woke up with a start, he immediately felt his back for his staff, it was gone.  He leapt out of bed, and ran across the room to where his clothes hung, looking around wildly as he dressed, hoping nobody had seen him.  He let out a relieved sigh, at the same moment a she-elf walked in, she had blond hair and big blue eyes that shone brighter then the stars, the elf giggled seeing him half dressed.  “You could at least have the decency to knock!” He said, the elf’s cheeks turned rosy and she replied, “I’m sorry, I thought you were still asleep,” Cirindiel nodded and shoved his shirt over his head and put the staff in its holster, “Where am I anyway?’ He asked looking around.  “You are in Laedin’s palace in Gaelorian,” She said, “Where is Malladryl?” He asked, “Malladryl? We only found you, Laedin explicitly said for you to have the best room,” She replied, Cirindiel shook his head, “I shouldn’t have fell asleep, I should have stayed awake!” He shouted, “I am very sorry; it would help if we knew your name,” She asked, “Its Cirindiel, Cirindiel Whitestorm, Lore-Master of Vaslantis,” He told her, “Right,” she motioned for him to follow her, “What’s your name?” He asked, “My name is Winifrede Silvertongue, but they call me Winnie,” She replied.  “Are you hungry?” She inquired, Cirindiel nodded, she led him down a hallway, she opened the door and let him in, the room was a garden; birds chirped and flitted back and forth, a lone fountain stood in the middle, making it sound like a river was near.  She set him at a table and said “Wait here, I’ll bring you some food,” She walked away briskly and returned a few minutes later with plates of food, “Here you go, orders by Laedin himself!” She smiled and handed him the plates, she sat down across from him, and he said a little prayer and began to eat.  “So how old are you?” He asked through a mouthful of eggs, she smiled “I’ll be 20 tomorrow,” She announced, “After that, I won’t be a slave anymore,” She added, “My friend and I are 20,” He replied, “What happened?” She asked, Cirindiel laid down his fork, “We were kicked out of our home,” He bowed his head, “We were on our way to Bree when we were attacked by thieves, I fought them off but we were so tired, then you found us,” He said,  She nodded, “You’re welcome to stay here for as long as you like,” She told him, Cirindiel nodded, “Thanks, but I need to find Malladryl as soon as possible,” He replied, “Wait until tomorrow then? I will come with you! I’m very good with the bow!” She said starting to get excited, Cirindiel took a moment to think, then nodded, “Ok, tomorrow we will leave,” He said, Winnie jumped up and clapped her hands, “Yay!” she shouted, Cirindiel laughed.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin