Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TEoV Excerpt #6

Malladryl stood up, “Thank you for the food, but I have to find Cirindiel,” She said to Atti, Atti nodded, “May I come with you?” He asked, “Come with me? Aren’t you a slave to Berethor?” She asked, Atti nodded, “But if I tell him it is to help you, then he’ll let me go free! Oh please Malladryl; this is my chance to be free!  I’m really good at healing people, they call me a minstrel, I play flute and it makes people faster in speed, and it even heals them!” He cried, “Ok, you can come, but ask Berethor first,” She directed, Atti nodded, “I will!”

“Winnie, I free you from your slave duties, and as a gift, I give you my bow, I wish you luck in your new adventures!” Said Laedin, Winnie bowed, “Thank you Master Laedin, you were like a father to me, I will never forget you,” She replied, Laedin laughed heartily, “You will always be welcome here little one!”   Winnie looked at Cirindiel, strapped the bow to her back and followed him.


“Of course I’ll let you go Atti!  You have served me well! I wish you a safe journey!” Announced Berethor, “I shall not fail Master,” replied Atti kneeling, “Of course you won’t, you are a good lad,” replied the king, “Goodbye!” Atti got up and hugged King Berethor and followed Malladryl, “I will not forget you!” He said, “Nor I! You will always be welcome here Atti!” Replied Berethor, Atti smiled, turned around and disappeared.



“So where are we going?” Asked Winnie cheerfully, “I don’t know Winnie, we have to find Malladryl soon, I hope she is ok,” He replied, “She is, I can feel it,” Winnie said encouragingly.   “I hope so,” He replied.  They walked on and on, “Cirindiel! Cirindiel I’m tired, can we stop for a few?” Asked Winnie, Cirindiel nodded and sat down, “Can you make a fire?” she asked, Cirindiel nodded, “I’ll go see if I can find something to eat then,” She replied grabbing her bow and walking off.   Cirindiel sighed and started looking for the wood for a fire, “Where are you Malladryl?”  He thought to himself, “Look at this tree, it looks like it will make a good fire!”  He thought starting to break off twigs and small branches.  He stopped, “What was that?”  He thought, “Who’s there?” He asked, “Hallo there! Who might you be?” Two hobbits stepped from out behind some bushes, “I’m Cirindiel, who are you?” Cirindiel asked, the first hobbit looked at the other and whispered, then nodded, “My name is Samwise Gamgee, and this is my companion Frodo Baggins,” He announced.   Cirindiel nodded, “Nice to meet you! Where are you going?” he asked, “We’re on a special mission,” Said Frodo, “Have you seen an elf around here?” He asked, “Yes, we have! She was walking to the east!” said Samwise, “Thank you! Will you stay for supper?” Cirindiel asked, at that moment Winnie walked into the clearing with several rabbits, “Why hello there!” She said, “Winnie, this is Frodo and Samwise, they are traveling like us!” Cirindiel said, “Please call me Sam!” said Sam, “We’d love to stay and eat, if its ok with your friend here,” Said Frodo, “Of course it is!” Said Winnie, Frodo and Sam smiled and sat down, “Thank you; you don’t know how welcome this is,” Frodo replied, Cirindiel and Winnie exchanged a glance and sat down. 


Chords slowly drifted on the air, Atti sat on a log playing his guitar, “Will we ever find them Atti?” Malladryl asked, Atti looked up from his playing, played for a few more minutes then stopped, “Yes, we will,” he said.  Malladryl nodded, “We have a big day tomorrow, we should get some sleep,” She said, Atti nodded, “Go ahead, I can keep a lookout for a little longer,” He replied starting to play again, “Ok,” Malladryl said drifting off.

Something was poking her; she opened her eyes, “Uh? Wha-??”  She murmured, “Malladryl, we have visitors,” Atti told her; she sat up and looked around, straightened her blond hair and stood up.  Two hobbits sat on the other side of the fire; they were smoking pipes and looking around, “Nice place you got here!” Said one, “Aye, very nice indeed!” said the second, the second swung his feet back and forth, and the first stood up, “Forgive me, my name is Peregrine Took, and this is my friend Merriadoc Brandybuck!”  Said Peregrine, “Hello, nice to meet you, what can we do for you?” Asked Malladryl, “Not a thing, we are just passing through, we lost two of our other companions, two hobbits, a small one, scared looking,” He said, cocked his head and laughed, “And then there is Sam, he is as strong as a bull, watch out if you cross him,” Merriadoc finished crossing his arms and smiling, Malladryl nodded, “We’re looking for my friend also, have you seen him in your travels?” She asked, Peregrine looked at Merriadoc, “Ho now, we might be able to help each other, how about we travel together?” Asked Peregrine,  Malladryl looked at Atti, Atti nodded, “Agreed, we will travel together,” she said, “I’m Malladryl, and this is Atti,” She continued, Peregrine and Merriadoc nodded, “You can call me Pippin, ” replied the little hobbit “And call me Merry if you don’t mind,” Continued Merry, they smiled and handed them a pipe each, Malladryl smiled: “They’re prepared for everything!”  She thought.

“Come with us! We would love to have you stay,” Said Winnie, Frodo shook his head, “As Sam said, we’re on an important mission, we cannot fail,” He explained, “Please come with us, just until we find Malladryl! We can help you!” Cirindiel suggested, Sam looked at Frodo, “We were meant to go in a fellowship of 8, we left the others because it got too dangerous,” Sam told them, “We don’t want anything to happen to you, we would feel terrible,” Frodo explained, Cirindiel shook his head, sighed and said, “Malladryl and I have nothing to live for, I don’t know about Winnie, but—“ “You’re not leaving me behind!” Interrupted Winnie,  Cirindiel nodded, “Stay, a day or two, please,” Said he, Frodo sighed, “It will not matter much for a day or two,” He said, “We will stay.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin