Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WOAH!!



WOAH WOAH!!

Okay, I'm cool, I'm calm.  And I'm back! :D  Not that anyone will read this.  lol .-.

I've been extremely busy, I got my license, got a truck, a totally awesome chevy ;) And a job!  And am now working towards my black belt in TaeKwonDo.  I've picked up the String Bass as a new instrument, still play piano, violin and trumpet.  I also play electric bass in a band with my best friend.  The band is called "No Longer Silent."  Which, I am working on writing a song with that title as...of...now.  Except, I switched to blog.  xD  So here is what I have of the song so far... It has no chorus, but I don't think it needs one... Your thoughts?


No Longer Silent                                                       By Justin Sterzer



                       We stand, we watch, we do nothing that we should,
                       we don’t fight, we don’t care, we don’t even see.
                       The bruises, the scars, who is to stop it? We could,
                       the sad eyes, the anxiety, its there, we watch them bleed.

                       
                       Why don’t we stop, take a look around, what have we become?
                       Things are said, scars don’t heal, what have we done?  You may
                       think you’re cool, but you are nothing but a fool.
                       

                      I’m no longer silent, won’t stand and watch as they fall to the ground.
                      No longer silent, don’t give up, don’t lose hope, don’t let go.  
                      Sticks and stones, break their bones, words break hearts, even so,
                      You can be the difference, you can be the change, don’t lose hope.
 

                     Footsteps, entrance, father, distance.
                     Blind rage, tears fall, eyes stained, afterall.
                     Closer, hand raised, glass thrown, hands
                     stained.  Bleeding, crying, suffering, hiding,
                     cutting, lashing, trying, failing, wanting, needing            
                     something, anything, anyone, to love, to care,
                     to feel, to share, to hold, to be bold, to be there,
                     to understand, to be no longer silent.



2 comments:

  1. :) I really like what you've written so far of your song - great message. Hmm, that theme is something I've been thinking about lately.

    I agree it doesn't seem to need a chorus.

    ~ZA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the critique, and stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin