Monday, June 14, 2010

Punished Ponderings

The kid was at the batters plate, it was his chance to shine.  There were some rude " gang of " kid's that always picked on him. He wanted to be the hero and all, but he never could, he struck out and the kids laughed.  That kid did not hold a grudge, but he kept it deep down in his heart. When the time came for him to come up again the team was down 3-6, the bases were loaded, with two outs.  He looked at the coach, his coach winked at him, the boy gripped the bat tighter, the pitcher threw the ball, right down the middle, the kid swung, CRACK! a big hit to center... one run.....two runs.....three runs! tie game! the kid ran around third sliding a bit... The outfielder threw the ball to the catcher who grabbed the ball, the kid ran faster, he slid...the catcher tripped and lost the ball, "SAFE!" yelled the umpire as the rest of the team ran out shouting, all but the bully's ran out to meet him.  His coach stood at the dugout smiling, " Good job Rookie" he said giving him a playful slap on the back.


This kid was me... I remember it like yesterday, I remember I always kept quite and was never rude and being a good example.  I was hoping that I could be the hero to those rude stuck-up kid's, I was wrong... they continued to pick on me the next year.  I understand now what happens to " Worldly " people they're unhappy and feel that picking on people makes them feel better. I'm sort of glad that I had a chance to show these kids that being rude does not make you " cool ". I hope that my example in this world is also observed by others I meet and passed on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting! hope you have
a great time looking at my blog!

Justin